Monday, November 2, 2009

"I Just Don't Know What to Do With Myself"

Dear Diary,
I am listening to the stylings of Burt Bacharach on father's gramophone. Current mood: incredulous. Oh this song gets right to the heart of the matter! Dearest keeper of my musings and mutterings, I don't know what to do with myself...do doo do do. It seems the fates are more than contented to give me vague prophecies and hopes only to dash them against the boulder of ironic hilarity! Last week's festival fiasco was bloody mess; my vest is ruined. I DID lick lady MacD's earlobe, which was some small consolation, but not much.
Diary, I am at a crossroads. I have so many diverging paths of inquiry that I feel overwhelmed by the mere possibility of choosing one over the other! I must approach this in a systematic fashion.

  • Figure out the nature/cause of my fits
  • Just what does father do for a living?
  • Is Young Siward-Gainsville's hand really possessed?
  • *side point* does Y.S.G. try to foil my efforts because he is (gag) jealous of my attentions?
  • Why does Unca Macbeth love cats so much?
  • Does Gilmer really love me, or was she merely seeking more of the "Ambrosia de Malcolm" that was covering my face?
  • Would marketing "Ambrosia de Malcolm" be a lucrative business venture?
  • Is there a second Gilmer, or was it merely a chappy witch lady?
  • Why is there a talking manwich?
  • Do I go after my Dulcet darling, Gilmer 1, Gilmer 2, or simply move to Utah and become a Mormon like that creepy chick-lit writer? *Note to self* "Spidermonkey" does not a good pet-name make.
  • Why do I feel the compulsion to free myself from my cottony confines everytime I start to think about freeing Tibet?
  • Would leaving a plate of poisonous cupcakes around...perhaps in nose-shot of the MacDuff household...be murder in the strictest sense?
  • Would that qualify to be put on father's "enemies no more" chart? you know the one that looks like a fundraiser thermometer? Mine is embarrassingly low (actually, I am in the negatives...after I accidentally told Lady Lennox that father was planning to "Off Angus." In my defense I thought that meant he was going to let him go on vacation). Father might be pleased.
  • Is Wu-Tang really forever?
  • Does the invention of compact discs negate the mystique of the "secret song?"

Oh, Diary, my lines of inquiry are so many...but I believe I can knock at least one off the list. The answer is "Yes, Wu-Tang is forever."

Illily yours,

Y.B.P.M. (a.k.a. Jimmy Analog)

1 comment:

JessicaD said...

It was like a re-cap montage! I LOVE montages!